Tuesday, April 1, 2014

BOOKISH BINGO!

I found a great blog entry today. If anyone is familiar with goodreads they know that goodreads has a Seasonal Reading Challenge. It is complicated to me and hard to keep track of. I found out I am not alone in this. I went to the following blog (and feel free to visit also!) - great-imaginations.com. And I found Bookish Bingo.

This is how it works. Every three months, they will publish a new bingo card for us all to fill out. On it will be seasonal tasks (like "a book about Christmas" during the winter months). For each completed task, we will check off one of your bingo squares. If we make bingo in the allotted time, we will be entered into a giveaway! (Giveaway is international, for a book of the winner's choice.)

Are you excited? You better be! Lyn, Kara, and the blog owner will be participating with us and it's sure to be lots of fun! Here is April, May, and June's card:


Cool right? I think this will be fun. I hoped that my readers would join in. Also I know bloggers read my blog and vice versa so again you can go to the site or I will write below what bloggers need to do. So everyone get out your bingo card and it is the first day of April so get to reading! This may help you find some books on your tbr that you can now have an excuse to read. I already know two of mine to pick for the bingo card.

FOR BLOGGERS

What we need from you:

Declare yourself! This can be in a blog post, a tweet, a FB status - anything, as long as you are declaring your participation in this season's Bookish Bingo.

Enter the link to your declaration in the linky below. (go on the site. Link provided above)

Read, read, read! Read and review books that fit with the tasks on the card.

At the end of June, write a wrap-up post with your completed tasks. Come back here for the wrap-up linky, to be posted on June 30th.

Rules:

Sign-ups close on April 9th.

All reading and reviewing must fall between April 1st and June 30th.

One square per book. For instance, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater is both the first in a series, and a YA book, but it can only count for one square.

Extra entries can be earned with multiple bingos or by filling out the whole card!

HAPPY READING!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment