Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring/Summer

So this is a continuation of the babbling I was doing before about book releases. I found the big ole Amazon book with Spring/Summer releases. I saw a theme starting of young kids in High School and I think I may be on a part, if I remember correctly the book was divided into fiction, non-fiction, etc. so I may be on YA. But the "book" was open to a book called Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Page. I looked it up on goodreads and it got 3.92 stars from 1,424 ratings and 410 reviews. Most of the reviews said you have to come along for the crazy ride to like it. I read a lot of four star reviews so I think I may like this. I liked what I read and am thinking of doing what I did with the Ken Baker book and copying and pasting the long blub here so you can see if you like it.

What I want to look into now is, as I see (and I was 80 percent into an 11,000 plus Kindle book) the book called Buzz Book and, after getting back down to the beginning and passing a bunch of books I have been seeing on the Spring Must Read lists, I found this out. "Buzz Books has proven itself as the place where book publishing insiders and passionate book lovers alike can get their first taste of some of the year’s most extraordinary new books. The overwhelming majority of our selections go on to win awards and appear on booksellers’ monthly lists of “best books” as well as “best books of the year” from many sources— while topping bestseller lists and reading group selections as well"

It is split up into Literary Fiction, Debut Fiction, Commercial Fiction, Non-Fiction - Conversation Starters, Non-Fiction Biography/Memoir, Young Adult and Children's Books. Publisher's include Canldewick, Grove/Atlantic, Hachette, Harlequin, HarperCollins, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, MacMillan, Penguin, Persius/Running Press, Random House, Simon & Shuster, Sourcebooks.

Maybe you can still find it on Amazon. It called "Buzzbooks 2014 Spring/Summer - Exclusive Excerpts from 40 Top New Titles from Publisher's Lunch"

I am going to take the time to read through it again to see what I really liked. I have my lists (yes plural) for when I go to the book store but there is always room. Plus there are books I won and are new and I have not read so I really have no business buying books but you all understand my excitement over this guide right? I do not know how I could have almost let it slip away.

Let me know in the comments section if you are able to find it. I am going to try for you to get a link. I bet they have a Summer one or for sure a Autumn/Winter one. That will be her before we know it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment