Thursday, January 16, 2014

Chicago Nerd Festival applications due January 22

(from chicagonow.com
By Shari Schmidt)

*Blogger's note: I do not like to deviate from being a book blog. I know a lot of book blogs add in a lot of things that I personally feel do not belong. But it is not my blog. However, I could not pass this up when I found it and to be sure, I can guarantee there will be authors and lots of book talk.



Stage 773 presents the second annual Chicago Nerd Comedy Festival, back by highly popular demand, from March 19 through March 22, 2014. Nerd Fest stems from the popularity of HEY, I’M A BIG FAN, a series of fun, free monthly fan fiction events produced by the Chicago Nerd Comedy Festival at Stage 773, 1225 W. Belmont. Every third Wednesday of the month, HEY, I’M A BIG FAN showcases original fan fiction as read by some of Chicago comedy’s preeminent nerds.

The Chicago Nerd Comedy Festival celebrates all that is the Chicago nerd comedy scene. I'll admit that before receiving the press release I didn't even know there was a Chicago nerd comedy scene. From Stand Up to Improv to one-woman puppet shows, nerds will unite for one glorious weekend in Chicago to laugh, pay homage, and perhaps worship their favorite genres of nerdness. Applications will be open until January 22, 2014.

“Stage 773 loves producing festivals, and we are consistently doing it successfully, which is ubermagfabulous,” states Brian Posen, Executive Producer of the Chicago Nerd Comedy Festival and Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival. “This is our theatre’s heritage, and we couldn’t be more excited to expand our festival repertoire!”

The festival kicks off on Wednesday, March 19 with a free HEY, I’M A BIG FAN fan fiction event from 7-9 p.m. Performance dates and times are Thursday at 8, 9, and 10pm, Friday at 8, 9, 10, and 11p.m., and Saturday at 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11p.m. with a free festival capping event at Midnight. Tickets are $10 each and will be on sale Monday, February 3, 2014. To purchase tickets call 773-327-5252 or visit http://www.stage773.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment