Thursday, January 30, 2014

Book trailers: 'Moonlight on My Mind,' 'A Bandit's Betrayed Heart'

(from usatoday.com
by Robin Covington)


Friends,

As I write this, it is currently 14 degrees here. Brrrr. Now, I live in the Washington, D.C., area, and we are not used to the frigid temperatures. I have to admit that the last thing I want to do is go outside and leave the cozy cocoon of my bed and a great romance novel. This week I re-read one of my all-time faves: Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard. So. Awesome.

The first trailer oozes romance with a capital "R" from the first note of the sweeping, lovely and dramatic soundtrack in Jennifer McQuiston's video for Moonlight on My Mind. The imagery is wonderfully lush, the sexual tension palpable and the script riveting. One view-through and you'll slap this book in the No. 1 spot on your TBR pile.

Click here to watch trailer.

The video for Michelle McLean's A Bandit's Betrayed Heart does a great job of portraying the historical setting of this book while capturing the modern, sexy romance between the hero and the bandit heroine. The soundtrack drives you through the script, but it's the heroine galloping on horseback and the gorgeous cover that seals the deal.

Click here to watch the trailer.

I'm a sucker for a friends-to-lovers story and when you add in a voluptuous heroine and a hunky gym owner hero -- I'm yours. The trailer for In Bed with Mr. Perfect by Heidi Lynn Anderson is simple in execution and lets the story shine through the images and the script. Well done.

Click here to watch the trailer.



If you have a book trailer that you would like for me to feature in this column, send the link to robin@robincovingtonromance.com. Any subgenre is fine as long as it is a romance!

Robin Covington writes sizzling contemporary romance. Her stories burn up the sheets ... one page at a time. She loves her family, tasty man eye candy and comic books. Her website is RobinCovingtonRomance.com.


*Blogger's note: My regular readers know how I feel about trailers. If done right, they are a great idea. But I have seen more bad ones than good ones. I honestly did not think these ones were that bad. I even added one to my tbr list. Maybe they are just growing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment