Friday, January 31, 2014

Fantasy Friday


Welcome back to Fantasy Friday. I am so happy about Fantasy Friday this week because I found an awesome book to read. Untouchable by Alice Janell. I had won this book from booklikes.com and I spoke to the author a few times and she did a guest blog on my blog about her book and fairy tales. I love twisted fairy tales whether dark twisted or just twisted from the original. Here is the description of the book:


The daughter of Jack Frost, a Guardian of the North, a lot of secrets and a lot of snow...

A thief with a dangerous secret…

Aneira Frost is a master thief who's being noticed by the wrong people. She's hired by a client she can't refuse for a job she can't fail -- steal a nutcracker from the King of Pohl or die. But when the object she's stolen turns into a Guardian of the North, his past and her greatest secret puts both their lives on the line.

A Guardian running from his past…

Freed from a curse after thirty years, Nikolas Claus wants nothing more than to pick up the pieces of his broken past, bury them and move on with his life. He accepts the help of a beautiful, mysterious blonde — until she betrays him to the man responsible for cursing him. But when Niko learns the truth about his beautiful thief, he’ll be forced to confront the shadows of his past.

A prince denied his throne…

Rattagan wants one thing: revenge on the King of Pohl. Dreams become a reality when he discovers the thief he hired is actually an untouchable — someone with the ability to break any magic spell. But he’s not the only one with plans for Ani. In exchange for helping the Winter Queen release a long-forgotten evil, Rattagan will have the throne he’s always wanted…and so much more.

Sounds like a great fantasy novel right? I sure hope so. I am going to do what I do for Thursday Tea and try to read five chapters every Friday. If I read more I read more. But at least I know that that is my time on Friday to read my fantasy book.

My other fantasy? For this week it is for the Denver Broncos to win the Superbowl! Yes you all know I am a die hard Steelers fan, but I am a Peyton Manning fan and love how Denver looked this year. And my other fantasy would be to win the big football pool at my husband's job. We won quite a bit last year for the first time.

Throw in some free Cold Stone iced cream and Godiva and we have ourselves on heck of a fantasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment