Monday, January 27, 2014

If I Could Save Three Things (and time) in a Bottle …

(from usatoday
by Joyce Lamb)



Nancy Corrigan, author of Beautiful Mistake

My three favorite love songs:

Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce. I think this classic song about love and dreams of immortality is something we can all relate to. The years pass too quickly and as we watch our children grow and our loved ones age, a magical bottle to capture all our memories and special moments would be a treasured gift. I know I'd love to have one.

Tangled Up in You by Staind. This song is one of my personal favorites. It's a devotional piece meant to remind our partners that no matter what happens in life we will always reach for them. My favorite line is "You're the hand I have to hold as I grow old." To me, that sums up true, everlasting love.

Heaven by Otherwise. Although not a traditional love song, this beautiful piece serves as a focal point for my writing. It tells of a love strong enough to reach beyond death. I love its fairy-tale quality. This song has also helped inspire my series, Royal Pride. The lyrics tease the listener with questions of what a person would sacrifice in order to share eternity with the one they love.

Here's the blurb about Beautiful Mistake (Royal Pride book two):

Lena will do anything to protect the shifter child her family takes in, even turn herself into bait. Although she knows better than to fall for a shifter, Devin, the man who captures her, is unlike any she's ever tangled with. Their desire is unquenchable and the draw to him is undeniable, but their relationship is riddled with mistakes and loving him has the potential to destroy her.

After shouldering his twin's torture, Devin hovers on the verge of insanity. His life revolves around his family and recovering kidnapped shifter children. He never thought he'd have a mate or kids of his own until a rescue mission turns deadly. The beautiful female caught in the crosshairs stirs his mating instincts and tames his wild nature. Only her confusion over their intense attraction stops him from finishing their bond, but Devin's persistent. He'll convince his stubborn female that he's the man she's been waiting for—one passionate encounter at a time.

Find out more at www.NancyCorriganAuthor.com.



Cheryl Bolen, author of Love in the Library

Three of my favorite romance tropes:

- My readers would be the first to tell you my favorite romance trope is the "marriage of convenience" story. Seven of my first nine published books followed this trope, including my first, A Duke Deceived, which was a finalist for Best First Book (Holt Medallion) and won the Notable New Author distinction back in 1999. My 2005 One Golden Ring won the Holt Medallion as Best Historical, and it too was a marriage-of-convenience story. So I think readers must like MOCs as much as I. Last year, Harlequin's Love Inspired Historical line published my Marriage of Inconvenience. I am sure you can figure out what trope it follows!

- Another of my favorite tropes in a romance novel is the "ugly duckling" story. I used this in my To Take This Lord (previously published only in paperback as An Improper Proposal), The Viscount's Vow, and in my novella Home for Christmas, which appears in my Christmas anthology Christmas Brides. I also used it in my novel My Lord Wicked, which won Best Historical in the International Digital Awards in 2011.

- My newest release, Love in the Library (Brides of Bath, book five), is a fish-out-of-water story featuring one hot nerd hero. You don't find a lot of nerd heroes, but I don't think anything's sexier than tapping into their still waters. I hope you agree.

Here's the blurb about Love in the Library:

Desperate widow persuades scholar to help her recover her late husband's nearly priceless stolen manuscript, the sale of which will give them both financial independence. Mysterious forces contrive to keep them from success while their mutual quest brings them closer than either have ever been to another.

Find out more at www.CherylBolen.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment