Friday, January 31, 2014

Feature and Follow



The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of
Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work?

The goal is to increase blog followers and make friends. First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Who is our Feature today? Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to WordPress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don’t have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed. All features are chosen randomly to be the feature. They are not chosen by content or name.

I am looking for all the blog links as we speak. I have followed new bloggers but a lot have not followed me back. Anyway, I did see one blog today where there was a challenge. And it was to get the spines of your books and make a story. I wish I could remember the example. I think it involved a hero. It was cool. Now I will be at my bookshelf looking for things that make sense. then use my new Samsung Galaxy 4 (Yes I am bragging. I had a crud phone for years.) And in my dresser drawer, and on my nightstand, and on the cocktail table, etc.

There is also a question and it is  "If you could read a book again for the 'first time' again, which book would it be? Why? I picked Nevermore by Neil Gaiman because he is the best storyteller there is and I remember how I felt reading that book. I was so involved with the characters. It is one of my very favorite books.

So yes I do Feature and Follow every week. I just never posted it. If you look down at the very bottom of my blog you will see the Feature and Follow button has been up for weeks. It is a neat way to meet new people and others that share your love of books.

So hi to any new bloggers that come to visit me! I hope you will stop by and comment. I am big on comments.

2 comments:

  1. So are you going to actually going to do the poetry? Mine wasn't very good. Meh. Anyway! Consider yourself *actually* followed. :) Here's my less-than stellar attempt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice! I want you to know I have not been well this week and you made my day. I first am all am happy to consider myself followed. Trust me I understand the slight absurdity of all book people following all book people. But I believe in supporting the book bloggers and there are some I love. They are not like mine. I am glad to hear you tried the poetry or spine challenge! I bet it wasn't as bad as you think. And yes I am going to try it. I have plenty of books and intend to do it but then my issue becomes, how do I get the picture I take out of my new Galaxy S4. I took a pic of my husband and the dog this am and have no clue where it is. Maybe I need to read the instructions. Feel free to stop by, enter my contest, I have some coming up. I had four up last week. I bully my readers into entering lol! It's a free book come on! Okay this is a long reply. Feel free if you want to write me at Chocolatemint515@aol.com. I am going to check out your blog and say hi. HUGS!!!

      Delete