Sunday, January 5, 2014

Can You Read When You Are Sick?

I have a horrendous cold and my MS is acting up. So it is apparent I am sick. And I want to read, because I have the time, but I cannot.

I often wondered what people do when they are ill. All I can think about is sleep, and I am usually sick to my stomach, and as far as the MS, it makes me even more tired and my body aches. So I just want the comfort of closing my eyes or keeping them open and zoning out to the television with the hopes of falling back asleep.

But I have read where a lot of people may not necessarily like to be sick, but busy people enjoy the time to read when they are sick. I do not know how they do it. I would like to know how you keep turning the pages as you are blowing your nose.

I hate loosing time from my blog and my reading.

So I hope you all say your prayers for me because I miss bringing you my blog. And if you do not pray maybe you can wish me some nice positive vibes so I feel better. I am going to try and post a little bit today.

I hope you all are well! No one should be sick in the New Year.


2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I don't read when I am sick because it would greatly defeat the purpose. And it would be quite unfair to the book you know...reading it when you aren't well. There's a high possibility that you will misunderstood some of the things.

    When I am sick, I really take a rest and do a lot of sleeping. I am not really bothered about losing time on blogging and reading because my health is more than important than those activities. And of course, the blogging community will understand if you take breaks.

    Don't pressure yourself. Again, the blogging community will always be here for you but your health is just priceless. Take a rest. If you really insist then do some light reading. At least 20-30 pages per day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte, you are such a doll. This came at just the right time. I felt a teeeny bit better today and was on the computer all day (since about 11a) and now I do not feel well. You are right, if they are true readers and want to come to my blog, they will understand people get sick. And I really liked what you had to say about it not being fair to read a book when you are sick. I read last night and kept loosing my place. I just need to learn to say NO! But your words were so comforting and I have to stop looking at that silly view ticker. Whether it is one or one thousand people reading my blog, people are reading. And that is cool. BIG HUGS for you you made my night. Nice to have you as a reader. xoxo

      Delete