Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Feature - Thursday Tea


I have always loved tea. On it's own, with a little honey or sometimes with a little milk and sugar. My husband is a coffee drinker from a young age. When we first started dating, I never had coffee although the pot was on 24/7 at his house. My distaste for coffee came from when I was 8 and my mother's coffee cup was next to my hot chocolate and, as I took a sip of what I thought was hot chocolate, I got a mouthful of plain black coffee. Yuch!

My husband, after being married for about 8 years, asked me again why I did not like coffee. I told him the story. So he made me a cup of coffee to try. Well he made it with a blueberry creamer, and extra milk, and lots of sugar. Well that was it. I now liked coffee. I remember having a cup sit all day and re-heating it, and now it has to be a fresh cup. And I can handle it a little stronger. Plus I have tried so many flavors. I go to Dunkin Donuts and The Coffee Beanary and Starbucks. I am now I am an expert on coffee!

But there is a new drink in town. Chai latte. I had a sip of a friends once and liked it but then forgot about it. When I was Christmas shopping, there is a section in Boscovs that has coffee and tea for your Keurig. So I picked up the Chai Latte. One box. I just went back Monday (it was less then a week since we had been there) for another box (there are 16 in a box). I just drink it with half and half and oh it is so yummy. So this has become my book drink.

So what I would like to do on Thursdays is invite you to have some tea with me! And, because there is nothing better than sitting on your favorite chair with your NFL blanket over you, curled up, reading and drinking tea, plus maybe something to dip in the tea, I am going to do a special blog every week on Thursday.

When I have tea I feel warm and cozy. So I am going to be on the hunt for a warm and cozy books to read. And no matter what I am doing, I will read that book on Thursday. It may take a while to get into the swing of it, but I have faith. I will announce what book I will be reading next week. As usual, if you have any suggestions, please leave a comment.

It is all about comfort and new books. To bad there is not a "Comfort" genre. One genre you would know that this is the book to feel all warm and cozy about.

So come back daily of course but be here next Thursday when I kick off "Thursday Tea".

Please also let me know if you want to do a buddy read because I will post a schedule of chapters to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment