Wednesday, January 15, 2014

5 Questions For Author and New Mom Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi

(from usatoday.com
by Lindsay Deutsch)


She's come a long way since her Jersey Shore days: Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, 26, is a mom! The straight-talking, pint-sized MTV reality star recounts her first pregnancy in her fourth book, Baby Bumps: From Party Girl to Proud Mama, and All the Messy Milestones Along the Way (Running Press). She spoke with USA TODAY's Lindsay Deutsch.

1. Congrats on being the mom of a 17- month- old! What's one "messy thing" you'd add to the book if you were writing it at this stage?

I really didn't talk about being a mother and raising him, so maybe that will be in my next book! Lorenzo is always beating me up and pulling my hair, and he's really growing a personality. Like, he's crazy. He's always getting into trouble. Every time we say no, he just does it. He doesn't listen.

2. Of your former Jersey Shore castmates, who do you think he is going to turn out most like?

He's just like Ronny, so goofy and laughing and crazy — and he has a little temper.

3. Jenni "Jwoww" Farley is going through a pregnancy right now. What advice do you give her?

I try to give advice, but I don't want to overwhelm her. If there's one thing, it's that she loves to run around and always wants to do something, but I tell her that right now, she has to relax and not work out so much. When you're pregnant, you're a princess, and I miss that.

4. What aspect of your pregnancy didn't people see on your reality show?

Everyone saw how uncomfortable I was by feeling huge, but not how tired I was, because I was shooting a TV show where you have to be entertaining the whole time. Honestly, I just wanted to sleep.

5. How did your fiancé, Jionni LaValle, provide a male perspective to the book?

He took notes through all of it and pretty much kept tabs on how psycho I got with my mood swings. He has a section in the book where he provides the guy's point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment