Thursday, January 16, 2014

25 Big Novels That Are Worth Your Time

(from flavorwire.com
by Jason Diamond)

What we love about big novels is that you have to get really comfortable with them. A big page count usually equals a big chunk of time, meaning you need to be a serious reader without a fear of commitment, but with books like Eleanor Catton’s The Luminaries, Donna Tartt’s The Goldfinch, and Sergio de la Pava’s A Naked Singularity receiving heaps of praise and major literary awards in 2013, there is a very great chance that this year will probably see its share of great novels that tip the scales at over 500 pages. With that, we offer you this list of epic page turners that you may have missed, skipped, or just couldn’t finish the first time, because we believe that bigger can certainly be better, and these books are proof of that.

Click here to check out all 25 books.


*Blogger's note: I have a book that I am reading that is over 600 pages. That is not a huge deal for me. I prefer a longer book but as I went through the above books, I had no idea any book was over 700 pages, much less 1000! I may have to read one of them. Just to have it done and on my shelf :)

No comments:

Post a Comment