Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday

So I was thinking, what do I do for Sunday? I still have not come up with anything. If you follow my blog, You know I have themes for certain days of the week but not every day. Sunday is one of those days. I notice most bloggers do a wrap up on Sunday but that would be about impossible with all of the news and miscellaneous things I post. I mean I have an idea but......

So although this is not technically a "Sunday" thing, I would like to share with you what I am reading this week. What I have read and what I intend to continue to read. You will find some of the same books as last time but some new one's also. Again if I had more pairs of eyes I would love that! But then I guess I would be a character in a book.

My first and foremost read of the week, which I have mentioned is Where The Dead Fear To Tread by M.R. Gott. I have discussed this book before but it is a horror/thriller/mystery and I recommended it just on the first few pages because it scared the junk out of me. The interesting thing was I was wondering when that part of the book was going to tie into the rest of it and I just learned last night when it does. I do not want to spoil it so I will not tell you how much farther I am into the book yet. But this is a very good book. The man character is very cool and tough but with a good heart and I love his storyline.


My next book I have been reading the most is Valentine - Prelude To A Kill by Daniel Cooney with Introduction by Noel Hynd. This part book, part graphic novel. It is about a kill for hire girl. She had a horrible past and not much of a future so she was actually sought out when she got out of prison to fit this position. She just passed her first test if you will and completed her first kill, proving to her boss that she can do the job. This is the kind of books I love. So this is one I will be finishing soon. I have a feeling I am going to find a lot more about our girl Dana Valentine.


City Of The Sun by Juliana Maio. I got an ARC copy of this book and it is, so far, interesting. There are two stories going on. One about a Jewish girl during World War 2 who travels to Egypt in hopes of being safe and starting a new life. And the other story is about an American over in Cairo on a press pass during WW2 and how he is fairing over there. The book switches back and forth between both stories. I am wondering if they are going to intersect at some point. But so far it is good. It is long but that doesn't bother me. I would like to have a review up for you before it is released on 3/11/14. I will keep you posted.


The Hinge: The Importance of Mental Toughness by Dr. Rob Bell is another book I am reading. This is a very interesting book. I am sure you have heard of the expression "When God closes a door he opens a window?". Well if not you just heard it. It means, in the basest form, that if something goes wrong there is always another opportunity waiting for you. In this case Dr. Bell explains how a door has hinges and they can sometimes swing two ways. But a door with no hinges is a wall. Since this is the first story and very interesting, I will give you an example of the Hinge theory.

I hope you are familiar with the band Lynyrd Skynyrd and Aerosmith. Well the plane that killed Lynyrd Skynyrd, two band members wanted that exact plane that crashed but decided against it. Those two band members were Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith.

Can you imagine how things would have worked out if things were switched? Would Lynyrd Skynyrd played with Run DMC? Would they have gone on to further fame?

The book explains about the drug issues that Aerosmith had and that was the hinge swinging the other way but eventually it swung back and the rest is history.

So Dr. Bell gives us more examples (one with the Pittsburgh Steelers - I almost died!) and says he has 25 examples but will also teach us mental toughness in between the stories. So this is a very interesting book so far. It is easy and fun reading.


The last book I have been interested in this week is Ruby by Cynthia Bond. Another ARC book that is turning out to be very good so far and I need to pick it up more. All I have got so far is that there is a woman named Ruby who used to be beautiful and have money and now she is homeless and a mess and there is a man who has always loved her and still does even in her state and wants to help her. But, even in his advanced age, he still listens to his sister who says Ruby is evil and he should not be seen with the likes of her. But I think Ephram (the brother and man who loves Ruby) has his own plans. It will be interesting to see how this develops.


I hope you enjoyed taking a look at what I am reading. I hope I explained the books enough to get you interested and maybe you have not heard me talk about them before or never heard about them before at all. I like to share what I am reading again to help you. So if you have any questions that I can answer or comments about what I am reading. feel free. There are many more books that are half read and 1/4 read or a few sentences in but I picked my favorites for this week. Next week will change just like this list has changes since the last time I posted it.

I would love for you to comment about what you are reading. Maybe it would be something I would be interested in.

As a matter of fact I do not think I have done this before, and I am very busy with my blog but I am going to leave my goodreads and boolikes profile up so if you want to contact me or see my reviews (they are the same I put here but you can look I think you can find them all in one place) you can see what groups I belong to, what contests I enter, etc. the more friends the merrier!

Finding me on goodreads.com - https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/24198043-mollydee

Finding me on booklikes.com - http://booklikes.com/blog (I am not sure where the profile is but you will find me if you click there then click around)

Again I hope you enjoyed this. Maybe I will do this again next Sunday. But it is almost football time! I have to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment