Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Guest Blog

I am happy to have with me today author Gary Caruso. We have just met actually and he is very nice. I will be reading a book of his soon and be doing a review and he has agreed to do an interview with me. In the meantime, I was poking around (which you know I love to do!) and found this on Gary's Blog. He was generous enough to let me post it here. I hope you enjoy it.  Just a note it was written a while ago so the book he is talking about is out now available to purchase.

Please read about Gary here.


Our Souls to Keep – Romance without the Sugary-Sweet Aftertaste

I'm very excited for the release of Our Souls to Keep. It’s a beautiful story about love and redemption that will touch your heart as much as the action will make your pulse race. People ask me what I think is the hardest part of writing a novel. For Our Souls to Keep, it was including a strong romantic element in the story without being overtly sexual. Most people don’t experience the heightened level of romance that fiction presents so well. I suppose that’s the allure, momentarily experiencing unbounded passion. Yet, creating a believable and loving relationship between two very different characters was difficult. It can easily fall into a corny, redundant pattern. “I love you” and holding hands isn’t nearly enough to express the intense emotions that develop between Wake and Annemarie. Born within a tragic journey, surrounded by secrets, their relationship becomes complicated. That made every interaction between them so important—the nature of their touch, the hesitancy in their words, and finally the birth of their spoken and unspoken love. I’m very pleased with how well the novel represents their tenderness. I hope it sparks a wide spectrum of emotions within you. I know it did for me.


Gary Caruso is the author of Our Souls To Keep.



I spoke to Gary, you do not have to read this to be able to read Our Souls To Keep but The Promised Land is a short story prequel to his popular paranormal thriller novel mentioned and shown above. The Promised Land is free. All you have to do is click here and fill out the form (just your name and email address) and Gary will send you a copy of The Promised Land. 


I am very happy to have been introduced to Gary today and cannot wait to read his book. It got very good reviews.  And I will keep you posted on when I get a copy of his book and let you know how good it is when I am reading it. And of course when I am done you will see the review posted here. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment