Tuesday, January 14, 2014

An Interview with author Mia Ross


If you do not recognize the person in the picture above, she is an a amazing author named Mia Ross. Today we have Mia Ross with us for an interview. I am thrilled. If you do not know Mia, Mia Ross loves great stories. She enjoys reading about fascinating people, long-ago times and exotic places. But only for a little while, because her reality is pretty sweet. Married to her college sweetheart, she's the proud mom of two amazing kids whose schedules keep her hopping. Busy as she is, she can't imagine trading her life for anyone else's-and she has a pretty good imagination.

1. Your biography mentions that you love great stories. I am assuming you mean reading them. But you have written a lot  of books  also. So which one do you mean and when did you decide to become an author?

I love reading great stories in a variety of genres. I read Little Women when I was 8, and was inspired by Jo March to become a writer. Many years later, now I'm living that dream!


2.  I was lucky enough to win a copy of "Jingle Bell Romance" last year from goodreads.com and I loved it! I also noticed you wrote two other holiday romance books. Tell me why you decided to do a holiday book?

I adore Christmas, with its focus on family gatherings and traditions, and I enjoy sharing that with readers.


3.  I love the way you started  "Jingle Bell Romance"  I love that it all started with Nick picking his niece's wish card from the Christmas wish tree. And it said "Ples brng uncl nik hom to liv, Momy and grama miss him". I know that Julia and Nick have their own issues they are dealing with but did you have the idea with the niece already planned or did it come to you as you were writing?  Because it really is a great way to tie everything together.

Hannah's Christmas wish popped in while I was writing. I'm glad you liked it!


4. I love how you slowly build up the relationship with Julia and Nick.  It is very romantic without being vulgar. Did you have a time where you thought they would just meet and immediately fall in love?

Because of their histories, love at first sight wasn't really an option for these two. I do think Nick fell first, though ;)


5.  I read one Christian book before and I found it kind of drab. Your book was not. All of your books are listed under Romance and Christian. I think the two elements worked great together in the book. Why did you decide to include a lot of faith based issues in your book?

Harlequin's Love Inspired line offers romances with a faith element for readers looking for wholesome stories with a happily ever after. I'm thrilled to be a part of that.


6. I love the way that the relationship between Nick and Julia developed. Tell me more about that.

For me, a friendship that grows into a romance is fun to watch--and to write! In real life, that happens when two independent people give up a little of themselves to meet in the middle and find something neither of them expected. I like creating that in my books.


7.  Are any of the characters, especially the main ones, based on anyone you know?

No, they're fictional.


8.  Was the ending as you hoped it would be or did you at any point have something else in mind?

The ending spun itself out while I was writing, so I didn't have a plan for it. The only thing I knew was that if Nick was going to propose, it would have to be special.


9. I know you are a busy mom and writer.  What types of books do you like to read?

I read all kinds of things: adventures, thrillers, mysteries, and of course romance. Some of my favorite authors currently are Robyn Carr, Kristan Higgins, Clive Cussler, Michael Connelly, Dan Brown, and Nora Roberts.


10.  Where is your favorite place to write? For example a desk, on the patio, in the park, etc.

When the weather's nice in Upstate NY, I like to write out on the front porch. In the winter, I'm on the couch with my feet up :)


11. What is you must have snack food or drink when you are writing?

Something crunchy like chips, and a Diet Pepsi.


12. What can we expect next from you?

My new series is Barrett's Mill, set in the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia. It follows three brothers who've been away from their small hometown and return to help out during a family crisis. I just finished Blue Ridge Reunion, which will be released in August 2014, and am working on the Christmas story.


13. Is there anything else you would like to add?

I've got 2 print copies of the final Holiday Harbor book--Seaside Romance--up for grabs. Thanks so much for hosting me here today. I had a great time!


It was great to have you here I had a great time also. I hope you stop by again. I cannot wait to read more from you!


So you heard Mia, she has been kind enough to offer a giveaway to two lucky readers! Just take a look to your right and enter. It is as easy as that! Two lucky winners will receive a print copy of Mia's new book Seaside Romance.




Running away from her troubled city life, Lauren Foster never thought she'd find herself in small-town Maine. But Holiday Harbor is everything she's looking for. The townspeople are welcoming, her job at her friend's toy store is going well and, most important, she's safe. Meeting contractor Ben Thomas soon changes all that. With his good looks, easygoing nature and kind heart, he's turning her peaceful new life upside down. She's quickly falling for the local hero, but when her past catches up to her present, is she willing to face her fears for the future she's always dreamed of?


Want to learn more about Mia? Check out the following links:

Goodreads: Mia Ross on goodreads.com

Website: Mia Ross on the web

Twitter: Mia Ross on Twitter

Facebook: Mia Ross on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment