Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Keith Richards to Publish a Children's Picture Book

(from cbsnews.com
By Lauren Moraski)


Keith Richards is plotting a children's book, due out this fall.

The Rolling Stones guitarist has inked a deal with Little, Brown Books for Young Readers to publish a picture book called "Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar."

Due Sept. 9, the autobiographical book will feature illustrations by Richards' daughter Theodora Richards and was written in conjunction with Barnaby Harris and Bill Shapiro.

The book was inspired by the rocker's childhood -- specifically his grandfather, Theodore Augustus Dupree (known as Gus), who was in a jazz big band. Richards' artist daughter was named after the grandfather, too.

"I have just become a grandfather for the fifth time, so I know what I'm talking about," said Richards. who has five children. "The bond, the special bond, between kids and grandparents is unique and should be treasured. This is a story of one of those magical moments. May I be as great a grandfather as Gus was to me."

This isn't Richards' first book. In 2010, he released his memoir, "Life."


Keith Richards' "Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar" book. LITTLE, BROWN BOOKS FOR YOUNG READERS

No comments:

Post a Comment