Wednesday, March 26, 2014

New York City Is A Wasteland

The above sentence is why I do not like YA books. They all start like that. I have expressed my displeasure for some YA books that were bad that I could not finish but also expressed surprise in some YA books that I did finish and loved. But I had to read them they were tour books. However back to the subject.

Everything is a wasteland. That makes me not want to read it. Maybe it is a bright spot or a draw for some people, just not me. And that brings me back to blurbs. There are so many ways to do a blurb. Even an excerpt might be better than the typical wasteland.

I am sure my YA lovers will say something like "All romance novels start like this...xyz" and that may be true. It is just with the tours I do, so many of the books are YA. Why do I stay? I already addressed this in a blog last week. However I just gave up two books to read today because of the above sentence.

I do have a few different tour groups that I deal with. You can see their buttons below. I am sure they are not going to turn down money. So since YA is so popular now, I understand. I just wait for that eventual horror or maybe mystery book to come along. And happy when it does.

ps - everyone is infected too. Just fyi. Do not know with what. Just infected.


2 comments:

  1. Not gonna lie...I'm a sucker for both the The City Was a Wasteland and the Everyone Was Infected books. I love Dystopian YA right now. (One of my faves does both those things--The Chemical Garden series by Lauren DeStefano).

    Maybe you've just read some low-quality stuff? Have you read Divergent, for example? I know everyone talks about it, but I literally just finished reading it today (I have a Read-The-Book-Before-You-See-The-Movie rule), and it totes lives up to the hype.

    ANYWAY. Let me know if you ever change your mind about trying some dystopian YA--I'm happy to recommend the better ones. :D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying such lovely things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I LOVE your blog and I may not always comment but I am there a lot. So you do not have to thank me. I support my fellow bloggers. And yes I believe I did get three bad books in that YA category because the two I read were better quality. I did not mind the wasteland lol! But suggestions? YES! I would love some .And I was on the edge of reading Divergent after reading the book/movie comparison on I believe it was PJ's blog. So you can email me at Chocolatemint515@aol.com or leave them here and I will let you know when I read one. I am going to put Divergent on my list. Take care and thank you for stopping by my blog. I love all opinions about books. Well wait. I may not agree with an opinion but love to hear what people have to say about books of course!

    ReplyDelete