Monday, December 23, 2013

The Peril of the Drabble

About 6am I lay in bed, hurting, and half asleep, and I came up with a great drabble. Did I want to get a pen and paper? I sleep with books and pens, and notebooks and paper. But my body felt like it had been hit by a mac truck and I just did not want to move anything. This was a great drabble though. I KNEW I would remember this one.

I woke up an hour later. Forgot the drabble. But then stated thinking of another one. And it was GOOD! So, again, I still hurt, but seriously, this one was too good and I knew I would not forget it. I fell back asleep.

I woke up.

Son of a bitch.

Two perfectly good drabbles gone in what remains of my brain because I was to tired to roll over or move a muscle.

It gets worse.

I go to the dentist. They had a death in the family. I waited 45 minutes for a stupid tooth to get cemented back on. They pushed all their afternoon appointments up. I kept my 10:30am, not fair! I thought of a drabble there too. But I was awake. I was reading a book. I was almost done with the book. I had been reading for 45 minutes.

Next thing I know, they were calling my name.

I FELL ASLEEP AGAIN!! My husband let me fall asleep at the doctor! He did not know I had a drabble ready to go. That I was about to get up and ask for a pen and paper.

To much holiday pressure.

So let us say a little prayer for the loss of our three wonderful, never to be thought of again drabbles.

*sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment