Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Little About Me

So you know I just posted about the blog love-a-thon. They sent me a list of questions and, I thought you may want to know a little about me. I thought long and hard about this. I hope you enjoy knowing me a little bit better.


1. How did you come up with your blog name?

I had a pair of bronze unicorn bookends from when I was little. I loved them. One is missing and there is really just books holding it up on the other side. I am kind of a weird duck so I felt like that lonely unicorn bookend. Mismatched. So then came Mismatched Bookends.

2. What genre/subject matter do you read and review most on your blog?

After seeing all YA and Romance blogs (no offense) I do ALL genres and I mean all. I read all genres of books and review them. I ask the authors for interviews. I am what is called a curator. I gather all the book news and information going on all day and blog all day most days. I am always up on book news and new books and authors. I am very passionate about bringing indie authors to light.

3. Name three books you are excited for for 2014.

You are lucky I have a list! Now to narrow it down.

a. When Patty Went Away by Jeannie Burt
b. Southern Sin: True Stories of the Sultry South and Women Behaving
Badly by Lee Gutkind (Editor), Beth Ann Fennelly (Editor), Dorothy
Allison (Introduction)
c. File Under 13 Suspicious Incidents by Lemony Snicket

4. Where in the world are you blogging from?

Snowy New Jersey! I love it!

5. Tell us, how did you get into blogging in the first place.

It is a kind of good and bad story. I have Fibromayalgia, migraines, Multiple Sclerosis, and other painful conditions. I had to stop reading in 1999 because the medication they were giving me messed up my concentration and focus. I have slowly been weened off of those medications and am doing better thanks to things like Reiki and Acupuncture. Last June, my darling mother would
always bring books just in case I could read one day, and she brought "Joyland" by Steven King with the promise of it being like his old works. I read it! Then I read more book I purchased at Barnes & Noble. Then I met a girl who took me to goodreads.com and started reading more and writing reviews. I have won over 50 book from contests on goodreads. Then reviewing was not enough. I made friends with authors and wanted a place where the readers and the authors had a
voice so I started blogging. I finally last week found a bloggoversary button! I started blogging 11/2/13 and have had over 17,000 views.

6. Apart from reading, what other hobbies/interests do you have?

Reading is a big one. I LOVE movies. I love to craft. I love anything creative. I am an avid comic book reader too. I went to New York ComicCon this year for the first time it was the best day of my life. I LOVE football! I have been a Steelers fan since age 8. I love to walk.
And I love gardening.

7. If you were stuck on a desert island, which books would you bring
with you?

ALL NEIL GAIMAN BOOKS ON BOARD! Also all A.M. Homes books. I would have to bring any Peanuts books. And "The Weight of a Feather: by Judy Croome. I think I could survive with that. And I am not sure yet but I think "The Rosie Project" by Graeme Simsion and "Untouchable" by Alice Janell.

8. If you were stuck in some dangerous situation (like a fire, a sinking ship, a warzone) which book boy or girl would you want to come and save you?

Wow that is a tough one. Do they have to be human? If so I am not sure. But so far I am reading a book called "Hunter's Claim" by S.E. Smith and would want Hunter to save me. If it is a human I have to choose, I would want Deuce from "Peaceful Genocide" by J.A. Reynolds.

9. You're attending a party with your friends. Suddenly the DJ changes the song and it;s YOUR song - what song would that be?

Brass Monkey by the Beastie Boys

10. What 3 movies would you love to have your favorite author write into books, or vice versa?

Wow, I may have to get my notebook for that one. There are so many. I am a movieaholic. I would love to see "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman get made into a movie. I would love if "The Hangover" was written as a comedy novel. I think they can do really good with that. And honestly I
would pick "Brain on Fire": by Susannah Cahalan. That would be a moving movie.

I hope that told you a bit about me. Thank you for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment