Friday, February 21, 2014

Update On My Migraine

So I still have a migraine. If I was not a nurse for years and learned that you cannot just leave your shift with no one to cover you, I would not be typing this right now. Meaning you learn to function with a pounding migraine.

I did get some sleep. I am still waiting for the pharmacy to fill my medication. I am not even sure if that will help at this point since it is going on two days.

I am not one of those people (if you read my link to my migraine post on my other blog) that get a really bad headache and call it a migraine. I have been suffering from the age of 13. I need it to be dark and quiet. I want to throw up. Blogging is rough but it keeping my mind off of the constant "This hurts so bad" record repeating in my head. I do go for acupuncture today. I went Wednesday but they had to do a re-evaluation and it took up my therapy time. I was so mad.

This is seriously cutting into my reading time. I have a (well 8 really) a tour book to be done by 3/1 and two buddy reads going on and I hate that they have to wait for me.

You may be wondering if I heard of Immetrex. That gives me a full out anaphyalaxis. And every new drug that they have come up with for migraines is in that category called the triptans. I happen to know when it came out in the early 90s that is was not fully tested and it tends to give women heart attacks. People need to look into their medications more before they take them. Immetrex is a bad drug. All the triptans are.

So I hope the acupuncture helps. Two days without reading! I am so happy I got my other tour books done early.

If you suffer from migraines, know that I pray for you. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. It is so painful that no one but another migraine sufferer can understand. It does run in the family.

So if you pray, please pray that this goes away so I can read my books and blog for you without wanting to puke. (I know nice image right?!). If you do not pray, and I hate to ask for things for me, but send me your best wishes to feel better. So I am going to try to start getting ready to go for my appointment and I will be back later.

Don't forget a lot of giveaways are ending but a lot are coming up so make sure you get in on them. And again, my constant readers, I love you all and thank you for your support.

I hope everyone has a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Melissa!
    You come first. Everything else can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jim. You are the most important. Everything else can wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dwayne. I am one of those people that think of everyone else but themselves. Part of being an RN! I am glad I put the computer down and took and nap. And my blog was booking today! Oh well, there are other days. Thank you I know you are genuinely concerned. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you Jim. I slept and just now at almost 9p am feeling a bit better. This migraine does not want to seem to want to go all the way away. But thank you so much for your concern. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete