Sunday, February 23, 2014

On Satisfaction

I started this blog on 11/2/13. So it has not been up that long. I have worked on it like a full time job and lost a lot of sleep over it. I have taken on a lot of responsibility, did a lot of research, learned authors are people too, and writing is hard. And so is blogging. I have had ups and downs. I have asked for people to leave comments and enter my contests and sometimes they did and sometimes they didn't. I stress always that I want this to be a reader's blog and an author's blog which means I give you what you want. Especially if you comment to me. In the meantime, I wing it, but wing it hard.

My author friend attended a webinar, he follows my blog. He says I am what is called a curator. Just like in a museum. A curator in a museum has a ton of items in reserve but decides what is to be shown. That is what I do. I have tons of book information and I choose what I think is up to date, interesting, funny, and relevant. You should see the size of the list (two pages front and back and growing) of websites I check everyday for information. It is like a full time job.

I do not want to embarrass anyone but I got this comment today. And I wanted, as a blogger, to share it. You can probably find it, but I am not going to mention name just in case. Here is the comment:

"fabulously awesome piece of information, I had come to know about your blog from my friend tanvi,hyderabad,i have read atleast eleven posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your website gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, bob marley quotes on..." (the rest was the name of article I posted).

I cannot tell you how I felt about this. My heart soared and skipped a beat all at once. After begging and badgering people to leave comments so I know that I am giving the reader what they want, I get this absolutely wonderful comment that just lets everything fall into place for me. I am even happier that this person found out through someone else.

I do give information I think, like I said, people are looking for. I have, if you are a regular reader, know I do it all from interviews, to reviews, to literary awards, events, comic news, author information, book information, etc. You name it, I find it and post it. And I have learned so much along the way. What I love the best is when I see something I post and see another blog post it a week later. Or I see it a few days later on another website. I really want to be the one to give you the most up to date information. And I enjoy doing it.

Last week I had a moment of doubt about continuing this blog. I was having fun but I felt like it was getting to be a chore. So I let go. And I blogged about letting go and all the good things that have happened since. Everything just fell into place like you would not believe. All good things have been happening that are pointing me into the direction of keeping up my style of blogging. I do not see any other blogs like mine. There may be some like mine I just have not seen them. Most people read books only and write reviews. And that is awesome we need that. But I think there is a whole other side to the book world and I love discovering that.

So I want my readers to know, even if you have not commented, that I appreciate everyone of you that has stopped by. I have posted before how much I love my readers. And I do love all of you and thank you for supporting me.

I promise to keep bringing you what you want. Please do not be shy about asking me what you would like to see on my blog. I am working on getting a new look for the blog so everything is easier to find.

Again thank you all and all my love to my readers.

Mollydee

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Mollydee. it's always nice to get confirmation on what you work on. You do a nice job of gathering information. Thanks for inviting me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dwayne, I know you mean it. Yes I finally feel satisfied. It always helps to have someone on the outside looking in confirm things for you. And thank you for your wonderful comment. And you are always welcome here I hope you know that. :)

      Delete