Thursday, February 27, 2014

Nothing Like Hot Firefighters to Send Up Sparks

(from usatoday.com
by Joyce Lamb)


(Photo: Kensington)

Today's featured authors: Stacey Kennedy, Lynn LaFleur and Anne Marsh, co-authors of the new anthology Hot Shots. We're talking favorite firefighter-related books, movies and TV shows.

Stacey Kennedy, author of Five-Alarm Masquerade in Hot Shots

My three favorite fictional firefighters:

• Jack Morrison from Ladder 49. This, I think is just a given, since Jack is played by Joaquin Phoenix. I might have a wee bit of a crush on him. But really, my love for Joaquin came from this movie. Take a passionate man who suffers loss/ and well, it's of no surprise that I fell head over heels in love with him. It's such a tragic story with a romance in there, too. Gotta love that! Ladder 49 is so touching with its show of heroism, strength and love … and yeah, how can we not love him?

• Jimmy Doherty from Third Watch. I admit I never knew if I watched this show because the show interested me, or because of Eddie Cibrian. OK, sure, his character is flawed. He's had an affair on his wife, had a gambling problem, but it's those dimples — how can anyone refuse that cute smile? Besides, during the show he redeemed himself, so I can't help but love him. I can tell you, if there was a fire at my house you wouldn't hear me complaining if Eddie — and those dimples — showed up to rescue me!

• Kelly Severide from Chicago Fire. Can I just say two words: Taylor Kinney. He's got the whole tortured hero going on and what can I say? It. Just. Works! It doesn't hurt any that he's great eye-candy, but with his charismatic, ladies' man persona he's right up there with my all-time-favorite fictional firefighters! And what makes him so sigh-worthy? While he can be rude and cocky, he's a complete sweetheart to his best friend, and that is completely lovable!

Here's the blurb about Five-Alarm Masquerade:

With her home destroyed in a fire, Abby has only the muscular arms of a rock hard firefighter to hold her up and the dream of blazing hot nights of pure erotic pleasure to keep her going ...

Find out more at www.staceykennedy.com.

Lynn LaFleur, author of Sizzle

I have two favorite firefighter books I'd read again and again — Seeing Red by Jill Shalvis and Fire Engine by Tielle St. Clare. Both books have sexy, strong, caring heroes. Tielle's book is a ménage with three heroes, so is especially yummy.

Love Backdraft! Lots of action, incredible fire scenes, a mystery, a romance, and hunks Kurt Russell and William Baldwin.

I remember never missing Emergency! back in the '70s. I loved the humor in the show mixed in with the drama of saving lives. Plus, it had hunks Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe.

Hmm, I think a pattern is forming of me liking hunky men. :)

Here's the blurb about Sizzle:

When photojournalist Maysen Halliday arrives in Lanville to take calendar pictures of the sexiest firefighters in Texas, red hot Fire Chief Clay Spencer makes her want him for her own personal centerfold ...

Find out more at www.lynnlafleur.com.

Anne Marsh, author of Fired Up

My favorite firefighter books are first-person accounts of fighting fire, preferably with a whodunit crime twist. There's nothing like an eye-witness account to really make you feel like you're there (without running the risk of getting scorched!). Some of my favorites include Sandra Millers Younger's The Fire Outside My Window: A Survivor Tells the True Story of California's Epic Cedar Fire, John Maclean's The Thirtymile Fire: A Chronicle of Bravery and Betrayal and Denise Gess' Firestorm at Peshtigo: A Town, Its People, and the Deadliest Fire in American History.

Here's the blurb for Fired Up:

Hannah Green watches for wildfires from an isolated fire tower in Sequoia National Park by day and radios Cajun firefighter Cole Henry at night to share carnal fantasies hot enough to start a forest fire ...

Find out more at annemarsh.wordpress.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment