Saturday, December 21, 2013

I Missed This Part - It Was Late I Claim!

You saw me mention the Blog Hop yesterday. Well part of the plan was, was to do the following:

Question: Pick a book in your favorite genre that you’d recommend to a reluctant reader.

So I thought about it. My favorite genre is horror but it has been a long time since I read a horror book. If you follow my blog you know I was not able to read for 14 years and just started again this year. I have some favorite books I have read but not in the horror genre. The reason mostly being is that I purchased some books that I saw and was drawn to (May We Be Forgiven, by A.M. Homes and Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman for examples) and they were not horror for a change. But I did read a lot of short stories in horror. I guess that counts. I do not see in that question where it says short stories do not count. So, that being stated, I would like to give you the link to one of my most favorite horror short stories that I read this year:

"Don't Need No Water" by Evans Light


The link I provided was to goodreads and you can read my review there. I would definitely recommend this to a reluctant reader. It is so far out there. It is so terrifying. I loved it. I think even the most reluctant reader would love this story. That is my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment