by Mike Spohr)
Last year Greg Pembroke started a Tumblr to post photos of his kids melting down along with the ridiculous reasons they were crying.
Greg, with his wife, Charity, and sons, William, 3, and Charlie, 22 months.
The Tumblr went viral, and Greg soon began receiving submissions from parents all around the world, the best of which have been compiled into a new book, Reasons My Kid Is Crying.
So what were all of these kids crying about? Here are some of the photos people submitted along with the reasons their kids were crying:
1. “She was splashed.”
2. “His teacher said, ‘No,’…to someone else.”
3. “His instant oatmeal was not, in fact, instant.”
4. “His train derailed.”
5. “We told him that he looked very handsome.”
6. “He doesn’t like the grass.”
7. “Her sister gave her a kiss.”
8. “I thought we could take a cute ‘Big Brother-Little Brother’ picture.”
9. “I asked him for a high five.”
10. “I told her that I had to wash her face after dinner.”
"Reasons My Kid Is Crying" is available now.
All pictures by Greg Pembroke / Three Rivers Press