Today I have author Hailey Edwards with me for a guest blog. I met Hailey while doing a blog tour and she was nice enough to agree to come here to post on my blog. But let me tell you a little bit more about Hailey first.
Born in the Deep South, Hailey is a lifelong resident of Alabama. Her husband works for the local sheriff’s department and her daughter is counting down the days until she’s old enough to audition for American Idol. Her doxie, Black Ilex, helps Hailey write by snoozing in his recliner in her office. Her desire to explore without leaving the comforts of home fueled her love of reading and writing. Whenever the itch for adventure strikes, Hailey can be found with her nose glued to her Kindle’s screen or squinting at her monitor as she writes her next happily-ever-after.
If you want to find out more about Hailey, there will be links after you read the piece. She will be happy if you stop by and say hello!
On Netflix and Visual Inspiration
When I’m on the prowl for inspiration, I’m usually flipping through radio stations to find it. Once in a while, I crave visual inspiration. I have a couple of go-to movies for that and—thanks to a recently acquired Netflix addiction—I have a few new television shows to add to that lineup.
1. Lord of the Rings – This is an old favorite. The story is familiar, the scenery is beautiful, the elves are gorgeous...and…wait… What was I saying? Oh yeah. Something about finding Legolas very visually inspiring.
2. Supernatural – This is a very recent addiction for me. I’ve long admired Dean from afar, but I started watching the show a couple of weeks ago. So far I’ve really enjoyed it. Even if I am a chicken and have to close my eyes and peek through my fingers sometimes. That episode “Everyone Loves A Clown”? Um, no. They don’t.
3. Lost Girl – This show is fun to watch, but not very deep. (Maybe that’s why it’s so fun to watch?) The big attraction here (for me) is the Fae lore. I’m an addict, and I love to watch episodes featuring my favorite creatures or being introduced to new ones.
4. Vampire Diaries – Though I resisted its charms for years, I finally watched this show and I did enjoy it. It was a lot deeper than I gave it credit for, and I’ve enjoyed watching the characters grow. Well, the secondaries at least. Anyone else here on team Klausoline?
5. The Nightmare Before Christmas – While this is a cartoon, I love the dark tone and the edge Halloween creatures lend to the Christmas holiday. Jack is such a great character, and I love Zero. I even have a plush Oogie Boogie.
I never realized how enabling Netflix is for people like me who don’t enjoy TV, but will gorge on streaming shows while online. What other shows have I missed? What are you watching and loving right now?
Leave me a suggestion and you’ll be entered for a chance to win a copy of A Hint of Frost, the first Araneae Nation novel. There will be six prizes awarded in the winners’ choice of digital format. Just look to your right for the rafflecopter form!
Thank you so much Hailey that was really interesting. I stopped watching a lot of Netflix once I started reading again but I can see how the two arts can work together. I hope once I read your book you will come back again for an interview.
Where to find Hailey:
Website: Click here.
Blog: Click here.
Twitter: Click here.
Facebook: Click here.
Also by Hailey Edwards: