by Jocelyn McClurg)
USA TODAY's Jocelyn McClurg scopes out the hottest books on sale each week.
1. The One & Only by Emily Giffin (Ballantine, fiction, on sale May 20)
What it's about: Tragedy hits a Texas town obsessed with college football, upending the life of female fan Shea Rigsby.
The buzz: The best-selling Giffin describes her novel as a "cross between Friday Night Lights and When Harry Met Sally."
2. Manhood by Terry Crews (Zink Ink, non-fiction, on sale May 20)
What it's about: A memoir about the ups and downs of his life, from an NFL player turned actor.
The buzz: Crews has it all going on these days, from his role on Brooklyn Nine-Nine to nabbing the hosting job on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.
3. Brunette Ambition by Lea Michele (Crown Archetype, non-fiction, on sale May 20)
What it's about: Tips on beauty, fashion and "inner strength" from the Glee star.
The buzz: "Michele's warm, easygoing tone and colorful anecdotes will appeal to her devoted fan base," says Publishers Weekly.
4. The Three by Sarah Lotz (Little, Brown, fiction, on sale May 20)
What it's about: After four planes crash at the same time, an evangelical minister insists that the three child survivors are harbingers of the apocalypse.
The buzz: Chosen as one of the best books of May by Amazon, which says: "Prepare to be surprised, mesmerized, frustrated, spooked, and utterly entertained."
5. Good Talk, Dad by Bill Geist and Willie Geist (Grand Central, non-fiction, on sale May 20)
What it's about: Father-and-son TV journalists finally tackle big subjects they didn't get to when Willie was young.
The buzz: Yep, Father's Day is just around the corner … June 15.