Thursday, May 22, 2014

Must-See Book Trailers: 'Summer of My Secret Angel,' 'White Collared'

(from usatoday.com
by Robin Covington)


Friends,

I am almost recovered from the crazy week of the RT Booklovers Convention in New Orleans. I was in hog heaven ­— great food, Bourbon Street, beignets and books everywhere. It was so exciting to meet with readers, see some of my author friends and have a fangirl moment with some of my faves (can you say, Kristen Ashley?).

Summer of My Secret Angel by Anna Katmore is a perfect paranormal YA romance. It has a girl sent to live with her terminally ill mother, a sexy caretaker, and a woman who comes back to life. What? I love the trailers done by Red14 Films, and this has what they do best: beautiful soundtracks, intriguing live action, and a riveting script. Love it!

Summer Of My Secret Angel

The trailer for White Collared by Shelly Bell is seriously cool. It is sexy, sophisticated and leaves you wanting more. The contrast of black-and-white images and live action with the slash of edgy font in the script is really striking. The music is perfect for an erotic thriller and the imagery is compelling. I slapped this series on my TBR pile.

White Collared Trailer

The video for Cone of Uncertainty by David Heilwagen is tailor-made for a romantic suspense novel. The images are evocative, the soundtrack dangerously epic in feel, the script intriguing and the overall atmosphere is crisp and edgy. It's simple, but it lets the conflict of the story shine through.

Cone of Uncertainty Book Trailer

If you have a book trailer that you would like for me to feature in this column, send the link to robin@robincovingtonromance.com. Any subgenre is fine as long as it is a romance!

Robin Covington writes sizzling contemporary romance. Her stories burn up the sheets ... one page at a time. She loves her family, tasty man eye candy and comic books. Her website is RobinCovingtonRomance.com.







No comments:

Post a Comment