Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Revisiting Unusual (but hot) Shifters

(from usatoday.com
by Jessie Potts)


This week's Throwback Thursday post features weird shifters! We all love alpha wolves and smexy leopard shifters, but what about the lesser-known, hot shifters? Can a writer make a croc sound steamy? What about a horse shifter or even a snake one? I love the strange and unique and below are three of my favorites! Add a little crazy shifter #tbt to your #tbr pile!


When Tatum Got Bit by the Spider by Stephani Hecht

This is the 19th book in Stephani's Lost Shifters series and one of my favorites because it involves assassins (I know, I'm a sucker for blood)! Though my great love will always be Shane, Tatum and Ackley are pretty hot themselves. They were raised by slavers, who used them for evil, wiping out their humanity in the process … until a shy little spider shifter steps into Tatum's life. This was so cute, and the perfect #tbt read when I'm craving love, romance and Stephani's style of shifters. There are now 28 books in the series, so I can guarantee that you'll find a hot hero (or two) to add to your book harem.



Remedy Maker by Sheri Fredricks

I found this little gem when I was looking for some mythical creatures as leading men, and Rhycious definitely fits the bill as a centaur shifter. I enjoyed reading this one because Rhycious suffers from PTSD and is a healer himself. I love my heroes with some scars (both inside and out) and watching Rhy heal himself (and, of course, our heroine, Patience, does some of the healing) was a treat. The Amish country next to the mythical lands was completely unique and added a bit of distinction to the story. This is my first book by Sheri Fredricks, but I'm planning on picking up the next book in The Centaur series, called Troll-y Yours.


Bunny and the Bear by Eve Langlais

This one was one of the first series I thought about because each book has a weird (or two!) shifter in it. You may think a bunny and a bear aren't weird, but Miranda is no ordinary bunny, and while I won't spoil it for you, I will tell you it's peculiar, it's cool and she has fangs. This whole series is on the light and fun side, but there are steamy scenes, and I liked Chase a lot. He's a bear that's used to protecting himself, and finds it humorous/annoying that the Fury United Coalition has decided he needs to be guarded … especially by a bunny rabbit shifter. Bottom line: The covers are hot, there are four more books in the series and I love all the unusual pairings.

Jessie Potts, also known as Book Taster, adores books in all forms. She also does reviews for Bitten by Books and RT Book Reviews and is an intern at Entangled Publishing. You can follow her on Twitter (@BookTaster).


(Photos by - in order - eXtasy Books, Temple Publishing, Eva Langlais)








No comments:

Post a Comment