Sunday, April 13, 2014

Romantic Comedies

Never did like them.

Maybe it is because I laugh all the time anyway and my husband is sweeter and funnier than anyone I have seen on screen. I hit the husband jackpot. Don't know why lol!

But I am talking about books. Tried to read a romantic comedy when I was young. Did not like it. I do not even know if I was dating yet. I certainly did not watch romantic comedy movies. Maybe one or two but it would not be my first choice.

Then The Rosie Diaries came along. It was on every single list as the "to read" book. Then I had someone agree to do my FIRST buddy read with me! So I started it. I still have about 15 percent to go. I loved it. One of the best books I have read since I started reading again back in summer of 2013 after not being able to for 14 years. That is saying something.

So I am on a few lists of free books to get from certain sites each day. In fact I post them here for you to share. Today instead of the horror book, OH HORROR! I got the romantic comedy! I could not believe myself. I hope it is good and wish I did not have a tour book to read because I would read that and Rosie at the same time.

So romantic comedies have a new fan. And as a movie lover, I cannot help but think that "Wedding Crashers" would have been a great novel.

Love and laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment