Monday, April 14, 2014

National Poetry Month Challenge - Day 4


Today you need to find a fun fact about poetry and share it!

Okay this was tougher than I thought. Maybe I needed to look for a whole month. What I did find was a fact and something fun to do. I hope you enjoy and I will keep looking! (It was a long day for poetry!)

Fact: Born Marguerite Johnson in St. Louis in 1928, this author and poet, among other professions, is most famous for her deliverance of her poem "On the Pulse of the Morning" at President Bill Clinton's inauguration. Name this poet.

Maya Angelou.

While born in the same era as Maya Angelou, Sylvia Plath committed suicide in 1963. Emily Dickinson lived between 1830-1886. Amy Lowell lived from 1874-1925.

Fun: click here to make your own fun and fast poem. I hope you like it. I may share mine tomorrow.



Mismatched Bookends: Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment