Friday, April 11, 2014

April Fool's Challenge - Last Day! Day 11

Hopefully you have been following my blog for a while but at least for the past nten days enough to know I am participating in a blog challenge. You can go back to each day's posts and find the "April Fool Challenge" post to see what I did the first 10 days. I just want to say thank you to our host PJ. I always wanted to connect with other bloggers and do a challenge and that happened. And I did this challenge  even on the days where I had not that much to say. So I am sad this is ending but PJ inspired me (without the fancy graphics, I can't do that), to do my own challenge and I hope other bloggers will like it. It goes up later today.

If you are a blogger you can also participate by clicking here: parajunkee.com for the last day of the April Fool's Challenge or to see the answers.

The Day 11 Challenge is as follows: Which series are you a fool for? That you can reread over and over again and will always buy the next book, no matter how mental the author goes - or how strange the characters become.

Well this series is over but you never know with him. I am a TOTAL fool for Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Misfortunate Events. I was thinking of reading them again, especially after the horrible movie came out. They make such a nice hard cover collection on my bookshelf. And it was a really good series. I remember DYING for the next book to come out.

Another series is The Testing Series by Joelle Charbonneau. I LOVED Independent Study and I have not read the other books in the series but I am sure I will love them. I certainly am going to buy them and I can see myself rereading Independent Study.

The next series would be Bobby Ether and the Academy by R. Scott Boyer. I LOVED the first book and am halfway through the second book. It is so well done I can see this being a dogeared book very soon. It is like Harry Potter but better. Boyer really knows how to spin a tale. I know the author is working on book three and that is so exciting! I would read book one over again.

Another one that I just remembered is Peaceful Genocide by J.A. Reynolds. It is not, if you look it up, labeled as a series but the end of the book kind of hints at that. That was one of the best books I read this year and I would read the book (and hopefully upcoming books) again.

The last book that I can think of (I am not into series) is the Alliance series by S.E. Smith. I read Hunter's Claim and LOVED it. So unexpected. The cover had put me off but S.E. is an awesome writer and I would read that book again and cannot wait to read the other books in the series.

I would also have to go old school and add on to this list any V.C. Andrews' series.

Well it has been fun. I hope to do another blog challenge soon.

I hope you all had fun! Happy reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment