Saturday, April 12, 2014

11 Classic Young Reader Books Updated For Today

This is something you are not going to expect. However as I was on buzzfeed.com getting these pictures and book names ready, I encountered one that bothered me and I thought it was not suitable. Listen, I am not prude but this had to do with drugs and hey, I am all for say Harold and Kumar, and jokes about drugs but this was a children's book and they made the title into a drug related title involving teenagers. I may be over sensitive, which again is not like me. So I kept going. Then I saw the next book with a family in a car with the gas fumes coming back in like they were all being killed. That was it. I put my foot down and decided not to run this updated books article.

I am telling you this because this is the first time this happened to me and I was wondering if any other bloggers saw what they thought was a great idea or article or satire and then did not use it for ethical or personal reasons.

I am all for free speech. I just did not find these funny and did not continue to the end. I did not write a comment because I felt like maybe I was over sensitive. I do not like to draw attention to myself. As I am writing this now I am thinking that I may write but people may think I am too sensitive.

But when did I care what people who do not know me think about me.

So I will find something funny to put in this place for you. Keep coming back I will have it soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment