Friday, April 4, 2014

The Books Are Here! (Someone Forgot To Remind Me!)


So I was thinking about reading today (when am I not?) and as I was thinking and blogging I saw a new book that came out today. Yes I am well aware that new books come out everyday but that is not the point. I started to remember I had a gift certificate for Barnes & Noble but do not and will not get a nook. If someone buys me one or I win won I will not turn it down don't worry I have not completely lost my mind yet. I remembered that the Barnes & Noble store is not far. I also remember I had great coupons for February but that month came and went and I did not get coupons for March. Then I remembered I made two lists and did two posts back in January of the books I was excited about that were coming out in the spring/summer and while I remembered, as I blog about all genres of books, I have seen some of these books in articles or lists on the web and said to myself that is a book I have been waiting for.

So this is it. My husband said wait until the summer for the summer reading books to use the gift certificate but I need new books now! Do I have new books to read...yes. But these ones I found out about early and made the list and all. So Sunday it will be a trip to B & N for a few new books that came out this year.

In case you are interested, here are some of the books that just came out that I am interested in:

The Frangipani Hotel: Stories by Violet Kupersmith - released 4/1 - Goodreads



How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly in Love by Ken Baker - release date 4/22 Goodreads



File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents (All The Wrong Questions #2.5 - 1) - released 4/1 - Goodreads



Graduates in Wonderland: The International Misadventures of Two (Almost) Adults by Jessica Pan, Rachel Kapelke-Dale - release date 5/6 - Goodreads



The Divorce Papers by Susan Rieger - released 3/18 - Goodreads



Saving the Hooker by Michael Adelberg - released 3/25 - Goodreads



Remember Me Like This: A Novel by Bret Anthony Johnston - release date 5/13 - Goodreads



Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi - released 3/6 - Goodreads



Southern Sin: True Stories of the Sultry South and Women Behaving Badly by Lee Gutkind (Editor), Beth Ann Fennelly (Editor), Dorothy Allison (Introduction) - released 3/18 - Goodreads



There are a few more books on the list but some have been out since January (really OLD books, you know?)and some I have no idea, looking at the goodreads description, why they are on there in the first place. So I have nine and would love to walk out of the store with nine books but it will be more like narrowing it down for me. I am The Book Whisperer. The books do speak to me. I usually do have a pile of 10. Then I start holding them, flipping through them, closing my eyes (seriously) to see if I get a feel from them. Then when I have a pile 9 or 10 deep, I flip through them like a deck of cards, trying to decide which cards to toss and which cards to keep to make the best hand. But unlike cards, you can have one book and still be a winner.

I hope some of these books were new to you and you will check them out. I originally was just going to list them but then I said "for what?". You as readers want to know about the book. So I added the goodreads link and the book cover. I am ALL about one stop shopping!

HAPPY READING!


No comments:

Post a Comment