Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Megan McCafferty Urges Readers to Interact With YA Authors via New Web Series

(from csmonitor.com
by Molly Driscoll)


Author Megan McCafferty wants you to follow the instructions in the title of her new series, “Ask! Authors! Anything!,” and prep some questions for young adult authors.

McCafferty, author of the “Jessica Darling” young adult series, is currently the host of a new series that takes place on Google Hangout. On the web series, McCafferty interviews various writers and users can submit questions through McCafferty’s Twitter account or the Tumblr site for the show.

On the first “Ask!” show, on which McCafferty interviewed “The Moon and More” author Sarah Dessen and which took place on March 24, McCafferty did so with help from students from the Ann Richards School for Young Leaders in Austin, Texas.

15 young adult books to look forward to

The second episode of “Ask!” will take place on April 21 and will find McCafferty chatting with “Speak” writer Laurie Halse Anderson. A chat between McCafferty and Rita Williams-Garcia of “One Crazy Summer” will take place on May 19 and McCafferty will be speaking with “If I Stay” writer Gayle Forman sometime in June.

“The beauty of this series is that with today’s technology, we can bring together authors, fans online, and a ‘live audience’ of students from anywhere in the country,” McCafferty told Publishers Weekly.

She said the Ann Richards School students will be the participants in the web series through June but that booksellers, librarians, or teachers should get in touch if they want their book club, students, or other group to be the participating young adults.

“I didn’t want this series to be simply two authors talking,” McCafferty said. “I view the students as co-hosts, and with readers getting into the conversation with their questions, it really becomes an interactive event.”

If viewers don’t tune in for the live show, clips are available for viewing on “Parks and Recreation” actress Amy Poehler’s site “Smart Girls at the Party.”

2 comments:

  1. This is very useful information Molly. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was. If you knew how many articles I read each day and then I have to determine which ones to put on my blog. Lots of work! But what I want to do. I have my favorites and this is one of the. I am thinking of putting some articles up for writers too because I know authors that read my blog. I am glad, again,, this was useful for you.

    ReplyDelete