Friday, April 11, 2014

Featured Authors: Emma Chase, Monica Epstein, Geraldine O'Hara

(from usatoday.com
by Joyce Lamb)


(Photo: Gallery Books)


Today's featured authors: Emma Chase, author of Twisted; Monica Epstein, author of Where There Is Will; and Geraldine O'Hara, author of Covert Affair. We're talking keeper books (Wuthering Heights!), favorite desserts (chocolate cake!) and words that describe us (weird!).

Emma Chase, author of Twisted

Three books on my keeper shelves:

• Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. My go-to read for passion, drama and self-destructive main characters. I first read Wuthering Heights when I was 16, but to this day I'm still enthralled by this story that shows love has the power to heal or decimate. And that the person we love holds our happiness in the palm of their hand.

• Gentle Rogue by Johanna Lindsey. Reading this book changed me as a reader and a writer. Because of it I will forever love smart, sarcastic, sexy banter and the kind of heroes we want to kiss and slap at the same time.

• The Bride by Julie Garwood. The perfect example of a spirited heroine who changes a stubborn hero simply by being who she is. Never gets old. A wonderful mix of fun, exciting and heartfelt romance.

Here's the blurb for Twisted:

Falling in love is easy. Staying in love is hard. In this heart-pounding follow-up to Tangled by New York Times bestseller Emma Chase, Kate reveals that there is trouble in paradise, when unexpected circumstances force her and Drew to "renegotiate" their relationship.

Find out more at www.emmachase.net.


(Photo: The Wild Rose Press)


Monica Epstein, author of Where There Is Will

Desserts? Now you're talking my language!

• I love just about anything made with chocolate, but my absolute favorite would be a moist chocolate cake with chocolate mousse between the layers, covered with either lots of chocolate frosting or ganache. YUM.

• My second favorite dessert is probably cheesecake — the creamy version with the graham cracker crumb crust. I like it plain, with mix-ins like brownie chunks or peanut butter cups, or with berries on top. I'm not too picky when it comes to cheesecake.

• My third favorite dessert is probably ice cream, especially if it has some form of peanut butter in it. Despite my love for chocolate, I choose vanilla any time I have frozen custard or soft serve.

Can you tell I have a sweet tooth?

Here's the blurb about Where There Is Will:

When she moves to London following her divorce, Michelle Loeser has no interest in looking for love. She needs to focus on surviving without her ex's six-figure income, coping with a severe fear of heights, and rebuilding her confidence. And if she keeps her promise to her best friend, she'll pursue her passion for writing too.

Will Sheridan found his passion early in life. At age eleven, he was cast in the starring role in a film series. Now, at the age of 25, he's a celebrity at a crossroads in his career. He has no time for women who don't understand his priorities.

When Will offers to help Michelle acclimate to the unfamiliar city in exchange for cooking lessons, she figures what's the harm? But jealous fans and coworkers, eager paparazzi, and a distrustful mother see it differently.

Find out more at monicaepstein.com.



(photo: Totally Bound)


Geraldine O'Hara, author of Covert Affair

Three words I use to describe myself:

• Weird. Because I do some strange things that have family members rolling their eyes. Like randomly breaking into song or dance. Or answering people as a cat if they talk to ours. Why? Maybe because I find it amusing to do odd things every so often. You know, stop people getting complacent, mix things up a bit.

• Easy-going. Because 99% of the time I don't get flustered. Things just roll off my back. Like water off a duck. Quack! See, there's that random thing. I can't help myself. Why? Ah, life's too short to stress about the small stuff. Plus, it's tiring getting grumpy all the time. Smile and the world smiles with you, so they say.

• Loyal. Because if you're good to me, I'll be doubly good to you. I have this fierce loyalty that some might say borders on obsession. Why? It's important to me to stick by those who stick by me.

Here's the blurb for Covert Affair:

Mandy and Leon have plans to go on a week away to Blackpool for uninterrupted time together and lots of hot sex. But before they even manage to leave, things start going wrong. A man accosts Mandy in the pub, then that same man is seen robbing a bank. It's time to leave the city…

Getting away from crime and their secrets isn't quite that simple, though. What should have been fun turns into a nightmare. Mandy and Leon bump into the same man again…and again. All Mandy wants to do is enjoy a game of 'What's her Secret?' with Leon and have a great time in the sack, but fate is playing one of her silly games…

With tension mounting as things start going wrong, Mandy wonders whether her happily ever after will happen now. Thrown into turmoil and fear by the gang, she has to search inside herself in order to find even a nugget of the person she used to be. Who is Mandy now? And is she someone Leon wants to be with?

Find out more at www.totallybound.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment