by Jenna Loomer)
New York, Paris, London—no matter which Fashion Week you had your eye on this season, it was hard to deny the overwhelming amount of book clutches that were sweeping the street style scene.
The trend really became a force to be reckoned with in the fashion world when Kate Spade released her collection earlier this year with titles like The Great Gatsby, I Married Adventure and bestseller The Single Girl. While these perfect purses may look like something you can check out of a library, they can actually cost up to $2,000—like this Olympia Le-Tan piece.
Now here's the great news: This is a fun DIY project and we're going to show you how!
What you'll need:
A hardcover book
An X-Acto knife
1. Open your book about three pages and brush the glue onto the sides of the pages. Apply two coats.
2. Apply weight to the book in order to allow the glue to properly dry and hold the pages together.
3. Once completely dry, open your book to the first glued page, mark your desired sized rectangle and use your X-Acto knife to cut along the edges. Remove a few pages at a time until you're almost at the end of the book.
5. Close the book and apply weight to the top while the glue dries.
6. Attach your clasp and let dry. You're now the proud owner of your own book clutch!
Photos by: Arianna Berk,