Tuesday, December 31, 2013

End Of The Year Lists

It is funny to me. I am sitting here scouring my favorite book sites and everyone seems to have some sort of wrap up or favorite (or not favorite) list of books from 2013.

My question is, how many do I present to you? Because it is making my head spin.

And on top of it, some are already starting 2014 lists.

So what to do?

Well all of my regular watering holes I have written on a piece of paper. Two pieces actually. Front and back. So I figured I would rewrite it and make it neater and, in the process, click on each one as I rewrite it and see what kind of lists they have. I know a lot of the lists are close, maybe off by a book or two (or a comic book in some cases). For example a book on one list is number 4 overall where on another list it is number 7 overall.

I was thinking of making a list of my favorite books of 2013, but I just started, as you all know, reading in the middle of September. I think a year is more of a good time to go over all the books you read in a years span of time and to make a top 10 or top 20 list. I read 59 out of 35 books which is the goal I set for myself when I started reading again. The original goal was 20. Then 25, then 30, then 35. Then I said "Let me leave it". It is only 7pm so you may see a top 10 list from me yet. I do have ones that come to mind.

As the end of the year draws near, I think about how lucky I am to be reading again. I am even more happy to share my passion with all of you.

I do not want to bombard you with lists. So I will do my best to bring you my original posts and book reviews and other things that I like to do.

I have a feeling that tomorrow will be a list day, or sorry, not everything is in print tomorrow, Thursday will be the day of lists.

I am also thinking about doing a new year's resolution list. But it is a little private. I will see how that goes.

So enjoy my blog. Enjoy the lists and look for your favorite books on the list. If it is not on there, you are unique and you can make your own list!

No comments:

Post a Comment