by Jocelyn McClurg)
USA TODAY's Jocelyn McClurg scopes out the hottest books on sale each week.
1. Private L.A. by James Patterson and Mark Sullivan (Little, Brown, fiction, on sale Feb. 10)
What it's about: Jack Morgan investigates the disappearance of a superstar movie couple who sound a lot like Brangelina.
The buzz: Patterson and Sullivan's Private Berlin hit No. 2 last year on USA TODAY's Best-Selling Books list, while their Private Games hit No. 4 in 2012.
2. Dark Invasion by Howard Blum (Harper, non-fiction, on sale Feb. 11)
What it's about: True story of German terrorist cell in America in 1915 that bombed munitions factories and targeted ships.
The buzz: Bradley Cooper is set to produce and star in the movie version as hero Tom Tunney, head of the NYPD bomb squad. Hopefully without a curly perm.
3. Drinking and Dating by Brandi Glanville (HarperOne, non-fiction, on sale Feb. 11)
What it's about: Just in time for Valentine's Day, Glanville writes about her dating misadventures since her divorce from actor Eddie Cibrian.
The buzz: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star's Drinking and Tweeting was a best seller last year.
4. The Martian by Andy Weir (Crown, fiction, on sale Feb. 11)
What it's about: Shades of Gravity! Can an astronaut stranded on Mars find his way home after he is unintentionally left behind?
The buzz: It's an Indie Next pick of independent booksellers. A "taut, cerebral debut thriller," says Zack Ruskin of Book Passage in Corte Madera, Calif.
5. After I'm Gone by Laura Lippman (William Morrow, fiction, on sale Feb. 11)
What it's about: A retired Baltimore detective looks into a 26-year-old cold case involving the murder of a mobster's mistress.
The buzz: "An involving and elegant novel of the psychological ravages of crime," says Booklist.