Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Book Tour - "My Grandfather's Pants" by Tegon Maus


My Grandfather's Pants by Tegon Maus
Contemporary Paranormal Fiction
Date Published: January 31, 2014


My grandfather, who went by Henry his entire life, was really born Francis Michael Laskin. On occasion a few of the older relatives would call him Frank, a name he neither acknowledged nor accepted. I had never understood it as a child but... now in my early thirties, everything I knew about the man, his entire life, those that loved him and those that tried to control him all became clear and it all began with a pair of my grandfather's pants.


This was a great funny story and romantic comedy.

It is about Jack Laskin, who everyone seems to want to call Henry which was his grandfather's name. Jack is happy just working in his hardware store and living his life and going out with his girlfriend. He does not need a lot of excitement. But that is what he is about to get.

One day his mother gives him a pair of his grandfather's pants. Jack just sees a pair of Khakis with a stitched up bullet hole in the one knee. But he takes them from his mom anyway. Later on he tries them on, certain they will not fit. But he squirms and squeezes his way into them and they fit! And they are super comfortable on top of it. And the first funny thing that happens is when he goes to reach for a blue shirt, the pants itch. He stops reaching and stops itching. This continues until he grabs a white shirt.and than no itching. And this is the start of everything.

Jack/Henry is soon dealing with his mother and her croonies who feel they must be in Jack's love life because of a long hidden family secret. They keep interfering with him and his girlfriend but think they are helping. They always are around and find a way into Jack's house when he is not expecting it. One is a big mouth who is an oversexed senior with a cigarette always hanging out of her mouth all the time and the other friend is the quiet one. But between them and Jack's mother, they are making Jack crazy. And embarrassing him. All over this one secret.

Then there is also a very old family secret that I cannot tell or else it will be a spoiler. It is wacky and great and sends Jack on a crazy ride with his family and his girlfriend and some others. And it has to do with his father and his grandfather, etc. and the pants.

There is also another family secret that comes out when Jack is asked for a favor by an old friend of his fathers. But at this point Jack just is going with the flow because things are too crazy for him to believe at this point.

It was paced well and not to wordy. It seemed like it could be possible. It was very readable and enjoyable. I think everyone would love it The humor was fantastic and the story line was very good. I would read it again and recommend it.




Purchase Links:

Amazon: Click here.

Barnes & Noble: Click here.



I was raised pretty much the same as everyone else... devoted mother, strict father and all the imaginary friends I could conjure. Not that I wasn't friendly, I just wasn't "people orientated". Maybe I lived in my head way more than I should have, maybe not. I liked machines more than people, at least I did until I met my wife.

The first thing I can remember writing was for her. For the life of me I can't remember what it was about... something about dust bunnies under the bed and monsters in my closet. It must have been pretty good because she married me shortly after that. I spent a good number of years after inventing games and prototypes for a variety of ideas before I got back to writing.

It wasn't a deliberate conscious thought, it was more of a stepping stone. My wife and I had joined a dream interpret group and we were encouraged to write down our dreams as they occurred. "Be as detailed as you can," we were told.

I was thrilled. If there is one thing I enjoy it's making people believe me and I like to exaggerate. Not a big exaggeration or an out right lie mine you, just a little step out of sync, just enough so you couldn't be sure if it were true or not. When I write, I always write with the effort of "it could happen" very much in mind and nothing, I guarantee you, nothing, makes me happier.




Website: Click here.

Facebook: Click here.

Twitter: Click here.














No comments:

Post a Comment