Sunday, May 4, 2014

Book Tour - My Grandfather's Pants by Tegon Maus


My Grandfather's Pants by Tegon Maus
Contemporary Paranormal Fiction
Date Published: January 31, 2014


My grandfather, who went by Henry his entire life, was really born Francis Michael Laskin. On occasion a few of the older relatives would call him Frank, a name he neither acknowledged nor accepted. I had never understood it as a child but... now in my early thirties, everything I knew about the man, his entire life, those that loved him and those that tried to control him all became clear and it all began with a pair of my grandfather's pants.


This was a fun book to read.

It is about Jack Laskin, or as most people seem to get him confused with his father and just call him Henry.

One day Jack's mother gives him a pair of his grandfather's old pants. Nothing great but sure special. They even have a bullet hole that is stitched up in the knee even. But when Jack finally gives in and puts them on, at first they are the most uncomfortable things he ever worn, but soon they started to mold and shape to him and be comfortable and even nudge him to pick out the correct shirt to wear with them!

Henry, I mean Jack (I did it too! He is so much like his grandfather) has a problem. Actually few but let's start with the first. One family secret that involves all of the Laskin men that his mother lays on him one Bingo night. Jack does not and will not believe it. However, Jack has a girlfriend Connie and this affects her so Jack's mother and her cronies Harriet, quite the sprite for her age and with a cigarette always dangling out of her mouth and Stella, the quiet one are always teamed up with mom. Mom and her minions always barge into Jack's house unannounced and have something up their sleeve.

Jack is just trying to deal with the Laskin gift and save his relationship with Connie who could not believe that Jack's mother told her about the gift. Jack also knows and is mortified that his mother told Connie about the gift which he does not seem to show yet.

There are also deep and dark family secrets that come out all from one night when Connie's brother Robert wins a stuffed animal and Jack, Connie and Robert are shot at and chased for this stuffed animal which is discovered to have a flash drive in it. Boy do things twist and turn from there.

It may sound like a lot of separate stuff but Tegon blends everything together nicely with a lot of feeling and a lot of humor. I found myself laughing aloud more than once. And he tied everything up nicely at the end. His characters were fleshed out very well and moved with each other well. The story line of course was out there, that these pants caused so many problems, but it was so much fun you could not help but go along for the ride. Once you give into it the craziness, you can go along for the ride with everybody.

I do not do this normally but I think I have to for the tour so I give this book four out of five stars.



Purchase Links:

Amazon: Click here.

Barnes and Noble: Click here.



I was raised pretty much the same as everyone else... devoted mother, strict father and all the imaginary friends I could conjure. Not that I wasn't friendly, I just wasn't "people orientated". Maybe I lived in my head way more than I should have, maybe not. I liked machines more than people, at least I did until I met my wife.

The first thing I can remember writing was for her. For the life of me I can't remember what it was about... something about dust bunnies under the bed and monsters in my closet. It must have been pretty good because she married me shortly after that. I spent a good number of years after inventing games and prototypes for a variety of ideas before I got back to writing.

It wasn't a deliberate conscious thought, it was more of a stepping stone. My wife and I had joined a dream interpret group and we were encouraged to write down our dreams as they occurred. "Be as detailed as you can," we were told.

I was thrilled. If there is one thing I enjoy it's making people believe me and I like to exaggerate. Not a big exaggeration or an out right lie mine you, just a little step out of sync, just enough so you couldn't be sure if it were true or not. When I write, I always write with the effort of "it could happen" very much in mind and nothing, I guarantee you, nothing, makes me happier.




Website: Click here.

Facebook: Click here.

Twitter: Click herel







No comments:

Post a Comment